The Corporate Card/Expense Report Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the activities of Darden’s Corporate Card Program and Expense Reporting Team. This includes issuance of T&E cards, Meeting Cards and various other specialty cards. They also serve as the subject matter expert for Darden’s Travel and Reimbursement Policy ensuring compliance with GAAP, established procedures, and departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements are adhered to.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure compliance and performance to all corporate card and expense policies.
• Monitor controls and compliance by ensuring risks and controls are maintained and mitigated.
• Communicate and escalate issues of non-compliance or concern to management.
• Maintain and increase the level of internal control for all processing.
• Educate employees on proper use of cards and supporting software to ensure policy requirements are met.
• Support management in potential changes in corporate cards and supporting software.
• Coordinate all duties related to company corporate credit cards and expense report team. This may include the following:
o Issue, cancel, control and monitor corporate cards.
o Processing and reconciliation of various corporate cards, using AmEx reconciliation tool, SunTrust app and robotic process automations.
o Monitor personnel changes such as terminations, department changes, and name changes to ensure cards are cancelled or updated as needed.
o Ensure team is timely processing and auditing expense reports assuring compliance with the Corporate Travel & Expense Policy. This includes coordinator audit of officer expense reports.
o Maintain effective communications and interactions among all areas of the Accounts Payable staff, management, other corporate departments and field personnel.
o Identification of potential issues and recommendations for resolution. Serve as main point of contact for issues in the Expense Report area.
o Assist Supervisor with projects and implementation of process improvements to enhance productivity and effectiveness of team.
• Monitoring and responding to dept mailboxes.
• Various month end responsibilities including accruals and GL reconciliations.
• Preparation of monthly officer verification report.
• Quarterly preparation of reports for future travel invoices for Corporate Reporting.
• Assist Supervisor in analyzing rebates and airfare surcharges.
• Performing annual iExpense Hierarchy Audit.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Minimum 3 years of related accounting and compliance experience required.
• Strong experience in Microsoft Excel is required, including Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP.
OTHER KEY QUALIFICATIONS;
• Proven leadership ability and capable of working well with others to promote a positive team attitude.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency, and ability to prioritize, organize and complete work with minimal supervision and proven ability to work well under pressure.
• Attention to detail with strong analytical skills & follow-through.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively resolve issues.
• Intellectually curious & strong minded about controls.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business.
• Experience with a Corporate Card program and Expense Report processing, including a strong understanding of AP internal controls and processing.
Oracle administration experience preferred or similar expense management experience.