Darden’s family of restaurants features some of the most recognizable and successful brands in full-service dining — Olive Garden, LongHorn Steakhouse, Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen, Yard House, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Bahama Breeze and Eddie V’s. We own and operate more than 1,800 restaurants and are proud to employ nearly 160,000 team members, making us one of the 50 largest private employers in America. Together, we create memorable experiences for more than 320 million guests annually in hundreds of communities across North America.
Darden’s finance team encompasses both corporate and brand-specific roles that focus on FP&A as well as providing direct decision-making support for our operations, marketing, human resources and technology teams. We nurture career development with a pro-active rotation program focused on developing well-rounded future leaders.
The Senior Financial Analyst, Purchasing Analysis is responsible for forecasting, analyzing, and financial modeling the impact of all purchasing activity. In this role, the Senior Financial Analyst works directly with buyers and purchasing leadership to quantify the impact of purchasing decisions, then translates product-level impacts to brand-level impacts and communicates these impacts effectively to brand and corporate finance teams.
Flexible work arrangements offered such as flexible start & end times and remote work options 1-2 days each week as business needs allow.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Performs routine to complex financial analysis according to established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work
- Communicates complex information in a simplified manner to drive value-creating behaviors
- Maintains active communication with key business partners and presents findings
- Leverages data analysis to determine the financial impact of proposed business initiatives
- Prepares and coordinates various weekly, monthly and/or year-end analyses, reports and financial reports for management review
- Participates in meetings providing analysis that recognizes both successes and opportunities in the area
- Provides guidance and coaching for key processes based on business expertise
- Prioritizes effectively to move multiple concurrent projects to completion
- Identifies and communicates emerging trends and their impact so action is prioritized appropriately
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- 4+ years of experience with progressing responsibility in moderate to highly complex financial analysis and reporting functions
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Excellent analytical skills, strong initiative and flexibility in analyzing results
- Project management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting, Finance or related field)
OTHER KEY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven experience with analyzing, prioritizing, and solving problems effectively
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and excellent follow through
- Professional curiosity and initiative
- Ability to complete work under deadlines and work in a fast paced environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- MBA, CPA or related advanced degree
- Knowledge of statistics, corporate finance and/or accounting
- Understand analytical tools: R, Alteryx, robotic process automation
- Knowledge of HFM, Oracle, MicroStrategy BI, OneStream or similar financial systems
- Self-starter willing to promote change when necessary