Monitor Oracle Inventory and Accounts Receivable systems and their interfaces to ensure inventory transactions are processed accurately and timely and related data moves from system to system. Reconcile Smallwares, Carpet, and Fabric inventory sub-systems with the general ledger. Process several transaction types: Smallwares write-offs, carpet and fabric purchases and usage. Produce quarterly Slow Moving and Obsolete inventory reports. Support freight payable functions for Capital Equipment Purchasing.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Responsible for Oracle Inventory Module, including monthly open/close process, maintenance, reporting, testing upgrades and resolving issues.
-Create and maintain items in the Oracle Item Master List.
-Assist staff with program and system issues related to the Oracle Inventory module, Item Master and Third Party AR Setup/maintenance as well as serve as liaison between Smallwares staff and IT Department.
- Validate inventory transaction flow through daily balancing of the Inventory, A/R, and General Ledger modules in Oracle. Identify any discrepancies and work with the various departments involved to clear any issues through the modules.
-Track inventory flow through Oracle sub-inventories to ensure that inventory movement is properly reported. Work with customer service and warehouse teams to address and resolve any issues.
-Validate that all items are being valued correctly on the Inventory Value Report.
-Prepare and enter journal entries for all month-end inventory transactions.
-Run and Analyze ABC Cycle Count Compile jobs monthly for Smallwares to ensure all items in inventory are regularly counted.
-Allocate and clear cost adjustments.
-Balance sheet reconciliations completed in an accurate and timely manner.
-Process payments and usage transactions for carpet and fabric inventories.
-Process freight payments associated with Capital Equipment Purchasing Shipments through Oracle/iBuy.
-Prepare quarterly Slow Moving Obsolete Inventory reports by Brand.
-Manage Smallwares accounts for franchisees & third party accounts, including AR aging analysis.
-Create and distribute Monthly report to necessary parties.
-Coordinate and lead Quarterly meeting with Purchasing and Smallwares teams to go over activity during the period.
-Ad hoc projects, as needed.
- 2 years’ experience in an Accounting environment
- 2 years’ experience working with Excel spreadsheets
- Strong knowledge of other Microsoft products (Windows, Outlook and Word)
OTHER KEY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong analytical and research ability
- Strong data mining skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well with others and promote a positive team and customer service attitude
PREFERRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
- Four year college degree in accounting or finance.
- Accounts Payable experience a plus
- Experience with Oracle accounting systems, inventory systems, and Discoverer a plus