The Darden family of restaurants features some of the most recognizable and successful brands in full-service dining: Olive Garden, LongHorn Steakhouse, Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen, Yard House, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Bahama Breeze and Eddie V's. Our people equal our success, and we are proud to employ more than 160,000 team members in more than 1,800 restaurants, making us one of the 50 largest private employers in America. Together, we create memorable experiences for nearly 320 million guests in hundreds of communities across North America.
At our Restaurant Support Center (RSC), approximately 1,000 of our team members — working in a variety of functions — provide the support our restaurant teams need to create those memorable experiences.
Whether you’re supporting a single brand or our portfolio of differentiated brands, you’ll find the work challenging, our results-oriented culture energizing, and our passion for serving others contagious.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for forecasting, analyzing, and financial modeling in support of business objectives. In this role, the Financial Analyst is also responsible for developing proactive solutions and communicating potential impact on the overall business.
Flexible work arrangements offered such as flexible start & end times and remote work options 1-2 days each week as business needs allow.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Performs routine to complex financial analysis according to established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work
- Performs financial oversight for assigned area(s)
- Maintains active communications with key business partners and presents findings
- Provides analytical support in the conversion of brand strategies into innovative action plans
- Leverages data analysis to determine the financial impact of proposed business initiatives
- Proactively identifies discrepancies in data, determine cause and communicate questions/ adjustments to appropriate accounting departments
- Prepares and coordinates various weekly, monthly and/or year-end analyses, reports and financial reports for management review
- Participates in meetings providing analysis that recognizes both successes and opportunities in the area
- Identifies and communicates emerging trends and their impact so action is prioritized appropriately
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- 2+ years of experience with progressing responsibility in moderate to highly complex financial analysis and reporting functions
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Sound analytical skill, initiative and flexibility when analyzing results
- Project management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting, Finance or related field)
OTHER KEY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven experience with analyzing, prioritizing, and solving problems effectively
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and excellent follow through
- Professional curiosity and initiative
- Ability to carry out projects with minimal supervision
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- MBA, CPA or related advanced degree
- Knowledge of statistics, corporate finance and/or accounting
- Knowledge of HFM, Oracle, MicroStrategy BI, OneStream or similar financial systems
- Self-starter willing to promote change when necessary