The Compensation Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining and updating company compensation programs and delivering compensation services to supported Brands and RSC functions. Responsibilities include short to medium term planning for design and implementation of compensation programs and systems. Requires working knowledge of compensation related regulatory environment. The Compensation manager leads a team of analysts and/or support personnel.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver compensation consulting, analysis and administrative services to supported Brands and RSC functions such as job evaluations, job offers, promotion increases, total compensation assessments, market studies, process improvements and simplifications.
- Design and implement compensation planning systems and tools.
- Design and deliver compensation education and training across the enterprise.
- Lead and develop compensation analysts and other support positions.
- Teach advanced analytical techniques, model building and business communication.
- Monitor and evaluate benchmark data, trend information and economic projections related to similar jobs in comparable industries and recommends changes as appropriate to establish and maintain a competitive external market position and internal equitability
- Administer annual hourly and/or salaried merit and incentive processes, including related analysis and report generation for Operations and RSC leaders and HR partners
- Maintains a working knowledge of government regulations influencing compensation program trends and practices among similar organizations to ensure programs and practices are compliant and current.
- Maintain incumbent-specific subject matter expertise in one or multiple focus areas including executive compensation, stock plan administration and governance, salaried compensation planning systems, hourly compensation planning systems, annual/corporate bonus administration, quarterly/operations bonus administration.
- Supports the Sr. Director, Compensation in strategic projects, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- 5+ years of professional experience in analytical or human resources roles, with a minimum of 3 years compensation-specific experience
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office suite, particularly Excel
- Proficient in PeopleSoft HR or similar HRIS
- Bachelor's degree required
OTHER KEY QUALIFICATIONS:
- High level of business and financial acumen, with the ability to think strategically in a customer-oriented mindset
- High learning agility, able to grasp the needs of the business and drivers of results in order to align compensation strategies with the critical priorities of the company
- Strong sense of urgency, consulting skills, and ability to lead and work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Proven skills influencing, developing and leading a team of professionals
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced degree preferred
- CCP preferred
- Retail, hospitality or restaurant industry experience a plus